The Notorious B.I.G. - One More Chance ( youtube hd videos )



"One More Chance / Stay with Me Remix" is a hit song by The Notorious B.I.G., featuring Faith Evans, with additional uncredited vocals from Mary J. Blige. It was certified platinum by the RIAA on July 31, 1995.[1]

The original version of the song appears on B.I.G.'s album, Ready to Die. The Remix features new lyrics, a new chorus, and a different beat than the original. There is also a "Hip Hop Mix" which samples Marley Marl's "Droppin Science" (featuring rapper Craig G). Evans, was an up and coming R&B artist at the time. Incidentally, Evans and Blige co-wrote two songs for Blige's 1995 album, My Life ("I Never Wanna Live With You", "Don't Go"), and B.I.G. rapped on Blige's songs for her What's the 411? Remix album ("What's the 411?" and "Real Love"). The remix samples DeBarge's 1983 song "Stay with Me". The song peaked at #2 on the Billboard Hot 100 and topped the Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs chart. It was the highest debuting single of all time tying Michael Jackson and The Beatles when it entered the Hot 100 at #5 at the time. It remained the highest debuting single for a rap song on the Hot 100 until Puff Daddy's tribute song I'll Be Missing You debuted at #1. (Lauryn Hill and Eminem would equal this feat with Doo Wop (That Thing) and Not Afraid) [ via : wikipedia ]

No comments:

Post a Comment